If you are willing to set up and run your storefronts with the help of Salesforce Commerce Cloud, you cannot afford to ignore the Salesforce Order Management System. The order management system is the heart of Salesforce Commerce Cloud, allowing businesses to keep track of their orders from start to finish.
What is Salesforce Order Management system?
Salesforce Order Management System is a Salesforce Commerce Cloud extension that allows users to manage their orders using a centralised digital platform. It provides businesses with a range of modern and automated tools that streamline every stage their orders pass through, from the moment they are placed until they are delivered to the designated customers. The Salesforce Order Management System makes it easy and more efficient for businesses to handle their eCommerce ventures and online storefronts. It facilitates seamless coordination of processes involved in fulfilling orders, such as
- Order Processing
- Accepting Payments
- Communicating with Suppliers
- Order Tracking
- Shipment Schedule Coordination
- Delivery Management
- Processing Returns
A single, unified platform provides you with a comprehensive view of all your orders and modern Salesforce Order Management features that help you track them in the best way possible. The Salesforce Order Management System can also be integrated with suitable applications and services to enhance order management and offer better services to your customers.
Key benefits of Salesforce Order Management system
Now that we have understood the essence of the Salesforce Order Management System, let us have a look at some of the most important benefits offered by the Salesforce Commerce Cloud offering:
- Visual management of workflows
The Salesforce Order Management System allows users to visually manage their supply chain workflows, enhancing the quality of tasks performed. The platform lets you automate processes like payment capture, order fulfilment, invoice generation, and more. Moreover, the order management system provides you with simple drag-and-drop tools for customising the business logic behind these processes.
- Omni-channel fulfilment journeys
Omni-channel fulfilment is one of the most sought-after Salesforce order management features. The platform facilitates seamless fulfilment of all your orders across multiple channels and manages the same from a centralised interface. The Salesforce Order Management System provides all users with an accurate view of their inventory from a single source of truth. This helps you optimise the fulfilment journeys of all your customers for cost, speed, and other business priorities.
- High scalability
Irrespective of the scale at which you operate, the Salesforce Order Management System helps you do business and cater to customers located anywhere in the world. The platform offers personalised localization support, tax formatting tools, and support for multiple currencies and languages to enhance your order management processes.
- Distributed Order Management
The Salesforce Order Management System allows you to unlock inventory and handle complex procedures from any location with distributed order management. It helps you optimise your fulfilment processes to ensure that the orders reach each of your customers in a timely and hassle-free manner.
- Order lifecycle tracking
Every order passes through different stages of its lifecycle, from the moment it is placed until it is delivered to the end-users. The Salesforce Order Management System helps you track all your orders in each of their lifecycle stages to ensure robust fulfilment. Here are some of the key stages of a typical order workflow, each of which can be optimised using Salesforce Order Management Features:
- Once the storefront receives an order, it is sent to the order management system.
- The integration receives the order data, transforms it, and adds it to Salesforce.
- The platform now matches the Salesforce Commerce Cloud customer profile with the customer account in Salesforce.
- The order management system creates relevant summary records for the concerned order.
- Users can choose to conduct a fraud check by integrating the Salesforce Order Management System with suitable third-party services.
- Fulfilment orders are now created based on the custom workflow of the business. The order is then assigned to fulfilment locations according to the inventory, delivery group, and other relevant criteria.
- The order management system updates the stock quantities and exports the order to a fulfilment provider.
- The fulfilment provider sends an Advance Shipping Notice (ASN) that is added to the Order Management System.
- Depending on the data in the notice, the Order Management System would create shipping records and an order status that needs to be fulfilled (or cancelled).
- A pre-defined trigger creates an invoice for ensuring funds.
- The order management system updates stock quantities and status on associated summary records. It also exports the invoice to an ERP for handling.
- The order shipment is tracked until it is delivered.